Photos by Ling Wang Photography
SHOP THE POST
Happy hump day! We are so excited to showcase this look from our New York Fashion Week trip. This denim jacket was EVERYTHING from Planet Blue Houston! It was so edgy and fun, and something that we normally wouldn’t have gone for. However, when in Rome…or NYC!
We definitely will be back, but there are definitely some things we would do differently and not fret over. For other bloggers who want to brave the New York hustle and bustle, we’re sharing a few of our tips that we learned along the way! It’s not as intimidating as it sounds, but be prepared for the following:
- Find out which PR companies work for the brands and designers that you love, and start reaching out to them! You can usually start by simply contacting the brand via instamessage or emailing their contact listed on their website requesting which PR company represents them. We would wait at least 3-4 weeks before fashion week.
- PR companies take FOREVER to get back to you so don’t be discouraged when you do not get an immediate response. This is the most nerve-wracking part about planning your trip because it’s hard to make an itinerary around shows that you may or may not get into.
- Always follow up with every email that you send out. We got more responses from the followup email then our initial contact.
- Include your media kit with your email. This should include a small description about yourself, blog, social media platforms, and your media stats!
- Do a little research on each show/designer to make sure that you’re into what the brand puts out. We made the mistake of going to a show that was quite…um…interesting. To make the most of your trip, don’t just go into any Johnny Joe show that invites you. Be authentic to yourself, sister!
- Network and make friends with other creatives at the show! Everyone is coming from all over at these shows, and it’s so fun to hear about everyone’s journey!
- Have fun (maybe with a little rose).
Check back later this week for more of our trip to New York! We’ll be talking about our favorite must-see spots and restaurants, and how to navigate through New York!