Happy Saturday, party people! Tomorrow Hailey and I are headed to New Bern, North Carolina to spend a few days with H’s sister-in-law, Sarah! Lily Rae and her cousin, Evelyn Grace, will be getting in some one on one cousin bonding time and I will be giving their mama’s a little break! Therefore I will be changing diapers and making them my special margaritas! I know, I’m the best aunt ever!
This recipe has been passed down to me from my mama and I’ve put my own little twist on it – adding a whole jalapeño! I love that it’s really easy to make and has minimal ingredients, I’m all about simple! If a cocktail is too complicated or takes too long to mix, sister is going to pass! I made these spicy margaritas for Cinco de Mayo and they were such a hit! The spice is always optional, but I think it makes the drink and it’s a little unexpected for your guests! I also sometimes add a little pineapple juice if I’m feeling extra sassy! As a hostess, you got to keep it interesting 🙂
2 cans of frozen lime juice
Tequila of choice
1 medium size jalapeno
- Fill blender with ice a little over half way.
- Pour in 2 cans of frozen lime juice.
- Don’t throw away your cans, you will use one of them as a measuring cup.
- Fill half way with tequila.
- Fill a quarter way of Triple Sec.
- Fill a quarter way of Grand Marnier.
- Pour the entire can into the blender.
- Chop a jalapeño and put into blender. This steps is optional, but if you leave out the jalapeño then it’s not really sassy or spicy. Just sayin’.
- Blend till completely mixed.
- Serve them up with a little lime and jalapeño garnish and voila!
I told you they’re super easy to make! I’ve also linked some fun bar cart accessories and entertaining items below! Enjoy!