SHOP THE POST
Happy Monday! I’m so excited to FINALLY share our 72 hour trip to Los Angeles, CA! It was originally just a work trip for Etoilly Artistry as one of our sweet bride’s was having her portraits taken in Laguna Beach, but we thought why not bring our best gals, Tayler and Jess, along for the ride to have some fun in LaLa Land! This was our second time to go to LA and we wanted to try a few places we have never been before + heard great reviews about! I’m so excited to let y’all in on our favorite places around the city and what our must-see’s are!
WHERE TO STAY:
- The Kimpton Everly – This brand new hotel in West Hollywood did not dissapoint! Tayler absolutely loves Kimpton Hotels and suggested we stay at one during our trip. SO glad we took her advice because it was one of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed out. We had a view of the Hollywood sign from our room, the staff was incredibly kind when we arrived, and The Conservatory Room is the perfect place to have a cocktail before you’re out for the evening. My only regret is that I wish we had more time to enjoy the rooftop pool!
- The Beverly Hills Hotel – It’s more beautiful in person, let me just tell you that! We had a few hours between brunch and heading to the airport on our last day, so we decided to spend it at The Beverly Hills Hotel. You literally feel as if you’re in a dream as you drive up to the hotel in all of it’s pink glory and striped carport. It was magical. It’s one of those places you never think you’ll actually go to. The pool is a paradise, no explanation needed other than it has private cabanas and underwater music. We only got to visit for a quick cocktail but it was 100% worth it and a perfect way to end our trip!
- The Ritz-Carlton in Laguna Beach – This is where our bride was getting ready for her portrait session and it is SO dreamy! If I ever get the opportunity to stay at the hotel on a future trip, it goes without saying what my answer would be! Our day trip to Laguna Beach was merely 10 hours, but I can’t wait to go back in June for our bride’s wedding!
WHERE TO EAT:
All of these restaurants are 100% worth going to! I would definitely recommend making a reservation, the wait is insane at almost every restaurant and it’s almost hopeless to squeeze in line!
• The Ivy – One of my absolute favorite places in the entire world. I can’t go to LA without having brunch there. It’s totally picturesque with it’s white picket fence and fresh blooms on every table. You’re treated to a complimentary glass of champagne the moment you walk in. Dead. Serious. It’s a little on the pricey side but worth every penny. I recommend getting a Cajun Bloody Mary, crispy goat cheese filled zucchini blossoms, and the Santa Barbara crab sriracha eggs benedict (literally my favorite meal!)
• The Polo Lounge – I would say this is a definite hot spot. The Polo Lounge is located in The Beverly Hills Hotel and has seen the likes of every celebrity from Audrey Hepburn to the Kardashians. I’ve been to The Polo Bar in NYC a handful of times and the Lounge is the Beverly Hills version which is so fitting. This is where we had our last cocktail of the trip and it was pure perfection. I recommend the “Think Pink” and add jalapeño.
• Catch – This place is GORGEOUS! I cracked my screen while walking in to the restaurant, and this place totally lifted my spirits as I was on the verge of tears! You walk in and there are flowers everywhere, literally from floor to ceiling. We went for pre-dinner drinks and though it was slightly overpriced ($18 for a tiny cocktail) I’m glad we went! Hopefully next time we’ll be able to snag a reservation for dinner!
• The Ivory on Sunset – This gem of a restaurant is tucked away in the Mondrian Hotel. It has a beautiful view of Los Angeles and we indulged in a cheese board + drinks! It’s off of Sunset Boulevard which is one of my favorite streets to drive down in LA.
• Villa Blanca – One of my picks on the trip! I’m a big Real Housewives of Beverly Hills fan, though no sighting of Lisa Vanderpump, it surpassed all of my expectations. It’s located right off of Rodeo Drive and we all had the toughest time deciding what we wanted. Everything on the menu is delicious. A must in my book.
• Laurel Hardware – This is a super trendy restaurant and it’s ambiance is very laid back and cool. The outside kind of reminds me of a speak-easy or prohibition entrance, it’s very understated but as soon as you walk in you’ll be blown away. We had the Lollipop Sprouts, Wild Mushrooms Pizza, Himachi (TO DIE FOR) and “The Gangster” – add jalapeño. So good!
• The Deck/Driftwood Kitchen (located in Laguna Beach) – Perfect lunch spot in Laguna Beach! We originally had reservations for Driftwood which is basically the same restaurant but inside. Once we saw the amazing view of the ocean and took in to consideration how glorious the weather was, we opted for The Deck. We had amazing cocktails and enjoyed girl talk + laughs! Could have spent all afternoon there!
- Delilah – We weren’t able to make our reservations due to horrendous traffic, it’s one of my favorite LA spots! It’s absolutely gorgeous inside and a major celebrity hot spot. There truffle Mac and cheese is to die for and the restaurant is absolutely gorgeous. Think sexy meets charm, a perfect tribute to Hollywood’s Golden Era.
Thanks to Lexus, we drove around Los Angeles in style in the new RX! Can you say luxurious?! As soon as my Ford Edge craps out, I’m getting one of these babies! It’s the smoothest ride and so spacious, how it fit luggage for four girls is beyond me! We definitely recommend getting a rental if vacationing in LA. Having the convenience of a vehicle was amazing when driving to and from Laguna Beach and I can’t even imagine what it would have cost us had we used Uber. Side note: LA traffic is one of the worst things I have ever experienced so be prepared to be in the car for 30 minutes to go 4 miles.
WHAT TO DO:
The shopping, duh. You can’t go to Beverly Hills without driving down Rodeo Drive – window shopping at it’s finest! Hailey and I are obsessed with The Grove and it’s seriously the best outdoor shopping I have ever experienced. If you’re the active type, take a run around Griffith Observatory! Awesome views of LA and it’s a fun place to go.
While on the trip, we got to catch up with our sweet and gorgeous friend Jessi! Not only did she get to have dinner with us at Villa Blanca, she also shot for us in Beverly Hills! She’s an incredible photographer and we just love her to pieces. She has total job goals going on for her, she’s the senior editor and lead photographer for Lauren Conrad. If you’re wanting to do a fun shoot with your family or girlfriends, you must reach out to her!
Geez Louise, that was A LOT! I wanted to make sure we touched base on all of our favorite places! It’s obvious what our favorite travel activity is – eating and drinking! This trip was so fun and I’m so happy that Tay and Jess got to come with us. Girls trips are the best trips! Los Angeles, you never disappoint! We’ll be back soon!