SHOP THE POST
I think every mom can agree that when you have children, your priorities on focusing on yourself completely and utterly go out the door. Now that I have two babies crawling over my feet and yanking at my curling iron wire, I have mastered getting a full face of makeup on in 10 minutes or under. I’ve put together a compilation of my go-to products that I use everyday. They’re pallets and products that lend themselves to daily wear or when I want extra coverage, shooting, or just wanting to feel a little more fancy than usual.
Before I go into my makeup routine, these are my steps with my morning skincare routine before applying my makeup.
1. I wash my face with the TATCHA The Deep Cleanse Exfoliating Cleanser every morning. My face can get really dry with harsh exfoliating cleansers, but this one is super gentle. You can use it everyday without feeling like your being too rough on your skin.
2. To keep my skin hydrated, I love the M-61 Hydraboost Serum. I feel like it gives my skin that extra layer of hydration throughout the day, and it absorbs quickly and evenly.
3. I use a moisturizer morning and night, and my current favorite is the Tula Day & Night Hydrating Cream. It doesn’t leave a heavy layer once it’s applied and patted in which is always a plus in my book. I have combination skin and I can either go really oily or really dry, and I’ve had the best results with this moisturizer not feeling too heavy.
4. I have recently started using an eye cream because Kailey said we were too old to not be using one (if you grew up watching Mary-Kate and Ashley…it’s time for an eye cream.) I recently came across the new Sephora Brightening Eye Cream, and I’m OBSESSED. It’s not oily at all, and it has a bit of a cooling affect so that always makes my eyes feel awake and bright. An absolute must morning and night.
Now on to make-up…
I like a no fuss look. This is my routine everyday, and I of course adjust colors and drama depending on what I’m doing.
1. I mix the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 – Illuminating (color: Natural Radiance) and the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Radiance. I do equal parts to make about a dime size amount of product, and I warm up the product in my hands before applying to my face and neck. You want to make sure that you apply the product past your chin line so you don’t have a gross line at your jaw. I don’t use a foundation (thanks to finally taking care of my skin), and these products make my skin super glowy and gives me a little color. On a regular day, I prefer a lighter coverage, and this does just that.
2. I conceal with the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer (color: Chantilly). I apply light strokes under my eyes, chin, jaw line, and T-zone. I use this brush to blend out the product. I’ve used the Tarte Shape-Tape for awhile, and I found that it made my under eye look a little dry so I needed something that would moisturize a little bit better so the Nars concealer has passed that test.
3. I set my under eye and anywhere that has concealer with the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder. You can either use a Beauty Blender or brush, and right now I’m using a small dome-shaped brush to dust on those spots.
4. I’m literally OBSESSED with everything Charlotte Tilbury, and I’ve been using the Glowing, Pretty Skin Palette for awhile now. It has one powder, one bronzer, two blushes, and two highlighters. It’s a little pricey, but so worth it. I use a brush to lightly contour my cheekbones, base of my hairline, jaw bone, and the sides of my nose with the bronzer of this palette.
5. One of my favorite bloggers, LaurenKay Sims, lead me to my now FAVORITE blush, and I don’t know why it took me so long to get on board with it. It’s the Charlotte Tilbury Cheek To Cheek Blush in Pillow Talk, and I’m obsessed. It has the prettiest mauve undertones, and I love that it has the pop of highlighter in the middle for an extra glowy look. I literally have almost every product that comes in the Pillow Talk hue, and I don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.
6. I’m not going to lie, I go a little overboard on the highlighter most days. I’m exhausted, and highlighter makes me look rested. So yeah. No brainer. I’ve been using the Becca Highlighter in Champagne Pop, and it is my go-to on myself and on clients at work.
7. I use the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Soft Brown to shape my eyebrows, and then I lightly brush through them with the Anastasia Brow Gel to prevent any fly aways.
8. I’ve lately been using the base color of the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk eyeshadow palette or I use the light pink shadow on my Laura Mercier eyeshadow palette. When it’s just for the day, I stick to one color all over my lid. If I have evening plans, this is a good base, and I’ll add a little more dimension in my crease.
9. I set with the Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray to keep everything in place. I find it so strange when people don’t set their faces for every makeup application. It keeps your makeup fresh looking and your makeup from running down your face. Hello, Texas is about to get hot.
10. I curl my lashes and use the Covergirl Lash Blast mascara. I don’t splurge on mascara. I feel like I get the same results with high-end mascara as I do with drugstore. I splurge on the big stuff (face, lip color, etc.), and drug store it up for mascara.
11. My go-to lippy right now is the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk lipstick, and then I’ll just pop whatever glass on that I have in my purse that day. I’ll include some of favorites here!
There you have it, folks! Super quick and easy! I’ll be including how I do the look on stories soon!
Photos by Courtney Leigh Photography